Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Voted

Election Day 2008 (11/04/08) was an important one. No matter who won, it was going to be historical: Barak Obama (a man of color) and Joe Biden or John McCain and Sarah Palin (a woman). At this point in time, our country is facing some very difficult issues with the economy, illegal aliens, the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, national security, health care, jobs, fuel prices (even though they are dropping dramatically as I write), and many other very important issues.

I wish I could have been excited about the election, but the politics started two years before election day. They were not pretty. The media was obviously very biased toward one candidate or another. I did not feel I could depend on what they shared with the public. Email was just as biased depending on who sent it. It was difficult to know where to go for accurate information.

The only candidate I felt I could have gotten behind was Mitt Romney, not because he was a member of the church but because his values are what our country needs to move forward in a positive, healthy manner.

I was unable to make up my mind until I got to the polls and even then I'm not sure I did the right thing.

As American citizens we have spoken. Barak Obama will be our new president, Joe Biden our vice president. It is now time to get behind them and pray that they will be open to guidance from on high. I would feel the same way if John McCain and Sarah Palin had won.

3 comments:

Robert Lea said...

You know what I love the most about this post... the fact that you remembered to take a picture AND that you don't reveal who you voted for. Humm... wonder why that is! :) Love you!

Jaime Lynne said...

Ok, that was actually Jaime and not Robert. I wonder how many comments I've left tonight with Robert's name instead of mine. DUH! Still love you.

Lisa Wilson said...

I wish you would just "come out of the closet" with your vote. LOL